"The great aim of education is not knowledge but action" -Herbert Spencer

My photo
Once upon a time a Canadian Cowboy met a Californian Carebear and fell into a blissful love affair. Their love blossomed into a nurturing partnership fueled by their mutual dream of a sustainable future built on the compassionate understanding of interconnectedness between all persons, places, and things. Welcome to our rose-colored reality.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

A little while back I had a close encounter between a bathtub and my iPod and now I can only shuffle the tracks or I get locked out of the main menu... so when I'm out jogging with my headphones in, this song will suddenly come on and every time it does it makes me feel like a champion. If you don't know Edith Piaf, get yourself acquainted. If she can believe what she's singing I think you can too.

-- (for the less french savvy) --

No! Absolutely nothing...
No! I regret nothing
Neither the good that I've done nor the bad
All this is much the same to me!

No! Absolutely nothing...
No! I regret nothing...
It is paid, swept away, forgotten
I don't care about the past!

With my souvenirs
I lit a fire
My sorrows, my pleasures
I need them no more!

Swept away the love affairs
With their tremors
Swept away forever
I leave with nothing ...

No! Absolutely nothing...
No! I regret nothing
Neither the good that I've done nor the bad
All this is much the same to me!

No! Absolutely nothing...
No! I regret nothing...
Because my life, because my joys,
Today, that begins with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment