"The great aim of education is not knowledge but action" -Herbert Spencer

My photo
Once upon a time a Canadian Cowboy met a Californian Carebear and fell into a blissful love affair. Their love blossomed into a nurturing partnership fueled by their mutual dream of a sustainable future built on the compassionate understanding of interconnectedness between all persons, places, and things. Welcome to our rose-colored reality.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nemesis

My book laid out some ground rules for prepping for med school. Oh yeah, I've gone ahead and canceled my MCAT and put all my eggs in the Creighton basket, realizing if I were waitlist-ed (worst case) I definitely wont have the motivation to pull myself through yet another gauntlet of test prep. Hells to the no. Let's be real.

So it says I should get in the best shape possible... translation, get my ass out of bed by 6 so I can at least attempt some weights-abs-cardio something. First goal, get out of bed. Second, find a routine.

Ahh routine... my nemesis. It's not that I don't envy those with routines, I do, but it's more like a character repulsion. It just doesn't fit with my person. I've tried to maintain them and I generally last on average a day and a half.

But, alas, I must try once again, for the sake of med school survival.

Routine!
6am - up, awake, ready to be productive
6-7 exercise/hang laundry that I forgot in the washer
7-7:30 get ready for work(class)
8-5 work (class)
5-6p unwind, go for a walk, tea, read the paper... something.
7-10 errands (study) etc.
10-10:30 get ready for bed
11p sleep time.

ok i'm realizing i need more time than that for studying BUT from what I gather class is only 8-12ish... so I could potentially do study time 2-8ish and unwind time after?

work in progress... let's just try getting out of bed first.

GOALS:
1) Exercise regimen
2) Taxes/Fafsa
3) Scholarship search + app
4) Clean room FOR REAL
5) Sit down and plan school budget, figure out loan options
6) Make time for spanish tapes... maybe during exercise time?
7) Get 2nd job (?) hmmm!!
8) figure out Cow Town's winter break 4 trip planning with fam

No comments:

Post a Comment